Tuesday 28 August 2012

Crazy week!

Huge apologies for my absence! What a week!! I was asked to make some last minute samples for a Debbi Moore POTW (this Friday I think) and said yes when perhaps I should have said no!!! Trying to slot in crafting in between family days out and my daughter's 5th birthday was just ridiculous. If any cards fall apart live on air or you notice sentiments that are upside down, well, they'll be mine!!!

I made this today, in between playing 'Doogy Doo' with my daughter. What a fabulous game - you feed a plastic dog yellow 'food' take turns to pump the lead and the yellow squidge comes out the other end - all the while the dog is making, erm, windy noises. Man I have never laughed so much - you couldn't exactly call my taste in comedy 'highbrow'. Hehehe. Sorry for that.



The image is 'Moon Glow' Fairy from Crafts and Me; I really want to get some more of these! The papers are the Lucy Cromwell Papermania collection. Hmmm, I've now run out of the pink papers in this pad :( The flowers and ribbon are from WOC but the scrummy lace is from the Ribbon Girl (ooooooooh I got me some tuille too - it's yum scrum and I used some on a Saturated Canary card today! Yippee yie yay!)

I need a lie down in a darkened room now! It's been a hectic but fabulous few days. Indigo's party was a brilliant success; she had 16 friends at a play gym and they all had a whale of a time! We can't move for presents now. We'll be building lego houses and zoos until her 6th birthday!!

Thank you for popping by, it's always reassuring to know I don't spend my whole time talking to myself! I made a Finnish Star as a sample and am hoping to get another done for Thursday with some sort of tutorial to go with!! Hmm, it wouldn't be wise to hold your breath! Super hugs, Jayne xx 

I'm entering this into:

In the Pink challenge - Things with Wings

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous. Love the image and fab colours. I've run out of the pink ones in my pad too!
I love a good kids party, we had 35 at Emma's! We did share it with two boys from her class, whose birthdays were over the school hols!
They won't be the youngest in the school this year!
I'll watch out for your cards on Friday!
Lorraine x

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Jayne. The image is gorgeous and you have coloured her so beautifully - especially her hair! I love the papers and all the pretty detailing too.
It sounds like you have very busy. The Doggy Doo game sounds like fun!!!

Hugs Sue

Anonymous said...

beautiful card Jayne, just take care not to overdo things.
Carol x

Squirrel x said...

So pretty hun, love the colour scheme and I am dribbling over the lace (yes, me, shocking I know). I shall have to record the POTW to see the self-combusting card, that'll be a show stopper (grin). Glad you have had a "fun" few days and as for Doggy Doo, I am speechless (for once). Hugs, Squirl xx

coops said...

wow this is so beautiful jayne.gorgeous pretty colours and details and i love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi ya, fab card.
Want to play that game...
Hugs
Chris x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Jayne - beautiful image, colours and embellishments. A really pretty card.

Thank you for taking part in the Things With Wings challenge at ITP -
Sylvia x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours you've used here Jayne. The soft background and embellishments really make the image stand out.

I saw you @ In the Pink, I'm number 17 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz