Sunday 13 May 2012

Super Sunday!

Well, what a lovely day today has turned out to be. We had a lovely morning in the park followed by a yummy second breakfast at my favourite cafe. This afternoon we went for a lovely walk/run - my daughter took her scooter and spent a quarter of the walk scooting full speed downhill with me running like a mad woman along side. Three quarters of the time, however, she stood on the scooter and had me pushing her because 'scooting is hard work, Mummy!' See, I'll be back in a size 8 in no time!

A quick card for today. To my shame I have had this stamp for absolutely ages and never used it. I don't know why - it's really lovely.

So, I coloured Tatty Button with copics and distressed the edges with tumbled glass distress ink (partly because I was too lazy to make a mask and do clouds, but it looks okay). The papers are from a Papermania pad - possibly Burleigh Blue. The tree die is the Arboscello die from Memory Box and the banner is the Banner Pennant die from Whimsy Stamps. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts; I bought a batch of 50 assorted small gardenias and they are really lovely. The crinkly ribbon is from my stash and I love it!!

If you're looking for dies I can highly recommend MaddyLisa the prices are fabulous and the service is second to none. I was really impressed.

Hope you've had a great weekend - way to go Lewis! Not a bad finish considering he started at the back of the grid - don't Mclaren want him to win? Next they'll be sending him out with 3 wheels!lol!

Big hugs, Jayne xx

I'm entering this into:
Polkadoodles - Monochromatic Shades

8 comments:

June Nelson said...

Jayne me darlin this is just gorgeoues and Ilove all the added bits its gorgeous darlin love it xxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jayne,love the image.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jayne - I just love all your embellies. That tree is fab!!
Lewis did well but I miss Damon Hill!!!
Lorraine x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is gorgeous Jayne, Love the dies and shapes you have used for this. This is a great layout. Love the blues too..

Hugs Kelly

Kim said...

love the image & the colours - and your die cuts! great card
Kim x

Shell said...

Beautiful, love the die cut tree, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
Shell xx

Patricia Chalas said...

very cute card!
thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Sweet image, and awesome card! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at POLKA DOODLES.
Hugs
Ashley