Friday 13 April 2012

I'm such a naughty Fairy!

Oooh, I've been such a naughty girl! I can't bring myself to own up to just how many LOTV stamps I've bought this last month but it's a lot!!! My man took me to the LOTV shop today and my daughter kept saying 'buy this Mummy it's so cute'. I kept having to say 'erm, I have that one darling' in the end my husband exclaimed 'No wonder I'm poor!'. Boys are SUCH drama queens!

Anyhoo, this is one of the new ones (!) called Patchwork Butterfly. Now, this is my first go with colouring with distress inks but I didn't have the right card. I now have some Bristol Board and will give it another go at the weekend. As Squirrel rightly pointed out it was quite difficult to move the ink around on this watercolour paper. Rome wasn't built in a day and I can only improve !!!! lol!
I can't remember what these papers are called but they're Papermania - will get back to you. I put the butterfly paper on upside down. Genius!

The punch is Martha Stewart, the dragonflies and tag are Magnolia Doo Hickeys. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I'm running out so I shall have to go and drool at their website (I can NEVER stick to my list!)

I just want to say a huge congrats to Squirrel, Bonnie and Becky our new Guest Designers over at Lili's Little Fairies. We are very lucky to have you ladies (and woodland creature!) on the DT. I'm really looking forward to working with you.

NCIS tonight - for goodness sake when will Tiva get it together! Have a fabulous weekend, hugs, Jayne x

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jayne,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jayne - as always! Very jealous that you've made it to the new shop, I haven't got there yet.. . but maybe that's a good thing!! lol
Hope you're feeling better.
Lorraine xx

Squirrel x said...

Currently watching a Series 8 NCIS episode! Oh such a super gorgeously cute card hun - just gotta adore that bunbun (looking good with the DIs girl) - and lucky you, a LOTV visit, for real, in the flesh! Will not admit how many I own. Would not have noticed upside down butterflies til you mentioned it, then I just had to peer closely didn't I?! Super brilliant creation my batty friend, and thank you so much for the Fairy toot!! (still smiling) Hugs Sxxx

Elise said...

Jayne you are hilarious! haha!!! Well, this is your first go at distress inks?! OMG! You are FABULOUS at it!!!! Wowwwww! I simply love your colouring!!! This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card and it makes me wishing to see a pink/blue butterfly like yours flittering in our backyard. :) STUNNING!!!!

You are SO lucky to have gone to the actual LOTV shop!!! What's it like? OMGosh, I think I'd go totally nuts in there and spend like all day (and night) in there! lol!!!!! You're SO LUCKY!!!!!

Well my dear, I hope you had a lovely day!

Big Hugs,
Elise

June Nelson said...

This is adorable me little fairy friend, loving it, its so pretty and I think you have done great with the distress inks, makes me want to get mine out now lol, just beautiful darlin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rosietoes said...

You would never know it was your first go with di's Jayne. The colouring is beautiful as is the image. Love the lo , upside down b'flies and all!
I would love to go to the LOTV shop but it's a tad far away for me. :)Now that's probably a good thing!

Edna x

Hazel said...

A beautiful card and lovely subtle colours. Great. Hazel x

rosie said...

Jayne, what a beautiful card, I love that image, and, butterflies fly upside down, I've seen them! You live near enough to go to the LOTV Shop!! Oh my, probably as well that I don't!

Kim said...

gorgeous card - and I'm also jealous that you've been to the LOTV shop! Then again, I'd probably spend even more...
Love the colours and embellishments!
Kim x

Lorraine said...

Hi Jayne, the colours you asked about were, Sandstone, Cinnamon, Henna and Walnut. I'm not very good at mixing colours, I just tend to use the nearest one!! Hope you've had a good weekend.
Lorraine xx

Kim Dibben said...

Beautiful card, love the cute image, gorgeous colour combo.
Kim xx