Friday 11 November 2011

Not exactly a Christmas Card . . . .

I'm struggling to get into the Christmas spirit. I don't think listening to Bob Dylan whilst Christmas crafting was conducive to festive joy!! May have to rethink my crafty music. I have at last made one Christmas card - it's a bit wonky in places ( I have a throbbing headache) but luckily it hasn't made it's way onto the computer so I'm posting the card I made whilst I was supposed to be Christmas crafting yesterday.

The paper is from the Printery pad from Prima. I think this is my favourite pack of papers ever. It's absolutely gorgeous and will go with anything vintage. I can't believe I only bought one pad. I distressed it with tea dye and walnut stain inks and scuffed the edges with scissors. The image is a Sam Poole Creative Expressions stamp.I distressed the edges with tea dye.


The flowers are cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Bigz Dies. I cut them first from grunge paper and then from the patterned paper and glued the two together. In the centre there is a screw effect brad from Creative Expressions. The little tickets are super cute and I think they're from Maya Road. To finish in the bottom left of the card there are some cogs, again from Sir Tim's collection (sorry that they don't show up too well on the card).

I'm going back to try to move forward with my Christmas cards but I'm feeling super rough (a cold on it's way methinks). So I may veg on the sofa with the dog and a packet of digestives.

Hugs, Jayne x

No comments: